Friday, December 10, 2010

My Christmas Philosophy

I am one of those people that looooooooves the Christmas season.  I start planning for it in June, listening to carols in October, and decorating in November.  If it were up to me we would celebrate Christmas all year round!  In fact, this is something we should consider doing.  Ok so maybe we do need to pack away the decorations and ditch the fatty oh-so-delicious food for 11 months out of the year,  but we should always keep the real meaning for the holiday in our hearts.

Sorry Saint Valentine, but Christmas day is the ultimate love holiday.  What could express love more than an omnipotent God coming to earth as a fragile human baby, destined to die in order to offer salvation to His very sinful, ungrateful, yet beloved creations?  Knowing that I am one of the beneficiaries of His grace fills me up with hope and pure joy, how about you?  During the Christmas season we are reminded of this ultimate sacrifice yet we tend to forget it for most of the rest of the year.  Wouldn't it be great to be full of hope, joy, and peace all the time?!  And to share it with everyone?!!!  I think so!  It is for this reason that I believe we should keep the spirit of Christmas with us all year long.  To spread a little hope and joy, and to let every person know that they are loved.

So let's sing Joy to the World............all year long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment