Wednesday, July 10, 2013

3 Months

How time flies. It feels like yesterday I was waiting impatiently for a baby to arrive and now he's been a part of our lives for 3 months.  Words can't describe what it feels like to be a mother.  You expect a drastic transformation as in "Bam! Baby is here and now my whole world is turned upside down". It turns out the change is so natural, something you were meant to do all along. Even the sleepless nights have purpose and even though you are exhausted it is a good exhaustion. Everything seems to have a bright side now and there are less cloudy days. Each second matters and no moment is wasted.

Rory is a wonderful little baby. I always thought I would want to have a girl as my firstborn but now I am so glad to have a boy. It is so lovely to watch Zachary become more enamored with him every day. My heart melts when he leans down to kiss him on the forehead and I love to see the pride in his eyes when he looks at his son.

It is amazing how much Rory has grown in such a short time span. Part of me is sad that the changes happen so quickly and some days I find myself wishing that he could stay like this just a little bit longer.  He is developing his own personality, likes and dislikes. The other day he laughed for the first time and it was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. Every day brings new milestones and I wish I could capture them all in record to return to again and again.

Though he has not been here long I cannot imagine life without him. Rory is truly my sunshine and I am overjoyed to be his mommy.

April






May





June and July






No comments:

Post a Comment