Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dear Rory




Dear Rory,

Needless to say, Mommy is a little late jumping on this pregnancy bandwagon.  You were a happy surprise in late July but it was hard for me to really believe 100% that in 9 short months I would be holding my very own baby.  Reality hit me like a brick a few weeks ago when I entered the third trimester.  Not only do I have a globe in place of a midsection, but apparently I have a barrel of monkeys living inside of me. You move around with abandon, throwing punches and kicks as if you aim to be the next Jackie Chan. Yes this can be borderline painful, especially when the attacks are aimed at my spleen, but I happen to find it very endearing . There is something very comforting about your squirminess that makes the warm glow of motherhood wash over me.  I am more happy and excited than ever for your arrival.  Daddy is very excited for your birthday too, although he tries to hide it behind a rough manly demeanor ;) Whenever someone mentions you, a grin spreads across his face and his cheeks turn red. I can tell that he can’t wait to hold his little boy and teach you “manly” things like how shoot a BB gun and how to play video games. He is going to be an amazing Daddy and you are going to be one lucky boy!
As for me, I can only hope and pray that I am the best Mommy I can be.  I am both excited and terrified about your arrival.  But I have heard that motherly tendencies come naturally so I am hoping that basic instincts, accompanied by guidance from your very wise grandmommies, will rule the day. I can’t wait to hold you close, kiss the top of your head, and play with your little fingers and toes.  There is so much that I want to teach you and even more that I want to share with you.  We are going to have many grand adventures!
I love you so much already and that love continues to grow every day.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment